“Getting Kids Home Safely”
Parent or Legal Guardian Agreement Form
The following is an agreement to the financial and operational policies of Taxi Mom. Policies are subject to change at management’s discretion upon written notice.
This is an agreement between Taxi Mom, LLC and franchisee’s doing business as (“Taxi Mom®”) and the parent(s) or legal guardian who have signed below. Under this agreement you agree to pay Taxi Mom® to transport your student to and from school, camps, daycares, or recreational facilities in accordance with the terms provided in this agreement.
1. Fees. Weekly and Bi-weekly Fees are due and payable at the beginning of each school week (Monday). NEW families that choose non-recurring billing, you must log into the portal or mobile app to make your weekly or bi-weekly invoice. Other payment methods such as cash, check, or money order need to be approved by the office. Invoices for recurring and non recurring billing are due on Mondays.
Commitment Pricing policy ensures stability and predictability for the next 5 months. Payments are due every 4 weeks on Mondays, allowing for convenient planning and budgeting. To terminate services, we kindly request a 30-day written notice. In the event of a termination without prior notice, a $250 termination fee will be charged. This policy ensures a fair and transparent process while allowing us to continue providing excellent service to our valued customers.
If Fees are not paid Monday by 11:59pm CST, a late Fee of $25 will be assessed based on your chosen payment method of weekly or bi-weekly, and a $50 late fee for our monthly commitment payers. Failure to stay current with your student’s Fees may result in the loss of your student’s seat with Taxi Mom® and will be blocked from logging into your account. This will constitute a default which will entitle Taxi Mom to all remedies as prescribed by law, including reasonable attorney’s fees. It is imperative that you contact us if you run into a problem with your payment. Once you’re locked out of your account, no ride will be available for your student until payment is received. You must contact your local office for further discussion.
As part of our policy, we would like to clarify the following terms:
1: Refunds and Cancellations: No portion of your weekly payment or outstanding fees will be refunded or canceled in the event of absence, sickness, holidays, school closings, or cancellation of the agreement with Taxi Mom®.
2: Inclement Weather and Safety: Taxi Mom® does not operate when schools are closed due to inclement weather. We prioritize the safety of our staff and riders and reserve the right to suspend services if we deem it unsafe. We closely follow the schedules set by the serviced school districts.
3: Charges for Partial Weeks: Each location has the discretion to charge for the full week or 50% of the weekly tuition, depending on the circumstances. This allows us to manage operational costs while maintaining a fair approach.
We believe in transparent communication and adhering to these policies to ensure the safety, efficiency, and fairness of our services.
2. SCHEDULE CHANGE/ADDITIONAL PAYMENTS: In addition to your weekly tuition, if your student is in extra-curricular activities such as basketball, tennis, football, band or any other programs the schools have to offer or if there are any other requests outside of the ordinary convenience of either party, please be prepared to pay additional fees per day on top of your weekly fee. TUTORING is based on availability, please contact your territory owner to request and discuss.
PARENT PORTAL/MOBILE APP: you can make any schedule change requests in the parent portal or mobile app. Please note that some requests will have a fee based on your requested time. All schedule changes need to be made via the portal or mobile app before 2pm. If approved for anything requiring additional fees, you will receive a notification and an invoice will be generated for you to pay via the parent portal. Note: if you don’t re-schedule prior to 2pm, there are chances we can’t come back around.
**NOTE** If you are a regular weekly rider, whether your student rides zero days or five days out of the week, you must pay your weekly rate in order to continue having a seat for your student and avoid the $25/$50 late fee.
Daily riders: If you are a consistent daily rider, you ARE required to pay your regular daily rate whether your student rides or not which includes the breaks and holidays.
WINTER BREAK, INTERCESSION WEEKS, FALL BREAK, VIRTUAL DAYS, including QUARANTINING DAYS: 50% of your weekly rate is due during these breaks. (Based on school calendar and individual circumstances)
SPRING BREAK and THANKSGIVING BREAK: This week will need to be paid as a regular week. (No exceptions) Note: Please refer to our FAQ page on our website for any answers regarding payment.
UNFORESEEN EVENTS: In an unforeseen event of a major shutdown, such as COVID-19, we will charge 4 weeks total at 50% of your weekly rate.
RESERVATION FEE: At the end of the school year, a $25.00 non-refundable reservation fee is required to hold a spot for each student for the new school year.
EMERGENCY EARLY RELEASE: Please be aware that our staff is not available for pickups during emergency early release situations. We understand that unforeseen circumstances may arise, such as sudden school closures or emergency schedule changes. In such cases, we regretfully cannot accommodate transportation during these unscheduled or unplanned early release times.
3. RULES OF SAFETY ON THE VANS. Seat belts MUST be worn at all times. NO STANDING is allowed on the shuttles when in operation. For the passenger’s safety, the driver MUST be obeyed during pick up, transport, and delivery. You agree that Taxi Mom will not be legally responsible for any injuries in the case of an accident if you or your student is injured due to failure to wear a seat belt, remove a seat belt, or is standing at the time of an accident. Seats may be assigned, if necessary. ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY... Inappropriate behavior is unacceptable. Our goal is to advocate for equality and unite with our communities to ensure all kids are given a safe environment to grow up in.
4. EXPECTATION OF RIDERS: Use inside voice at all times. No screaming or fighting with one another (this includes siblings), loading on/off of the van in a timely manner, must keep shoes on, keep belongings in backpack at all times, respectful and courteous towards the driver and other passengers, and keep hands to themselves at all times. Headsets are required for students using their phones on the van. VIDEO calls are prohibited on the van. We reserve the right to terminate shuttle rides for disruptive students and students refusing to wear a seatbelt. (This also applies to parents.) THREE WARNINGS will be given before termination of services.
5. REQUIREMENTS PERTAINING TO ILLNESS: It is our duty to provide a safe, clean, and healthy environment for our students as well as our staff. It is your responsibility to keep your student home if he/she isn’t feeling well. Our staff will be required to take a student’s temperature if they are showing signs of illness prior to entering the van. If your student has a low grade temperature (100 degrees or higher); we will not transport your student to/from their location and you will be notified. Masks will be required if your student is coughing or showing other signs of illness.
Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people. Applicant is fully aware of the current pandemic and the inherent risks involved. customer is aware that the majority of serious cases and deaths contributing to this virus are in people over 60 years old. Taxi Mom (referred to here as “the Business”) has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, we cannot guarantee that you will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, like any public place, could increase your risk of contracting COVID-19.
I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by visiting or coming on to the Business’ property and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and/or death.
I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the Business may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, the Business’ employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families.
I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to myself for (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I may experience or incur in connection with my attendance or presence at the Business or participation in the Business’ programming, events, or appointments (“Claims”).
I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the Business, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any Business program, event, or appointment.
6. HYGIENE: As your student ages, their bodies begin to change and body odor can be the enemy. We encourage our families to work with us to combat this embarrassing problem that could potentially cause bullying towards your student outside of our watchful eye.
7. SPECIAL NEEDS: Please specify any medical conditions, allergies, or special requirements for your student in the notes section of the passenger when registering. We will attempt to accommodate your student’s needs. If we are not able to do so to our mutual satisfaction this agreement will terminate.
8. ADDITIONAL RIDERS: Friends of registered riders are NOT permitted to ride without registering online and must have consent to be dropped off at each other’s home. Additional fees apply.
Please note that there is a new law regarding the transportation of students between the ages of 4 and 8, if your student weighs less than 80 pounds and is not age 8 or is not 4’9 in height, a booster seat is required. It is the responsibility of the parent to provide us with a booster seat.
In signing this Agreement, you acknowledge that you understand that there is risk involved in the transportation of your student. Taxi Mom® will use its best efforts to transport your student safely. By signing this form you are releasing Taxi Mom from any and all claims debts, damages, costs, demands, liabilities, suits, judgments, and causes of action of whatever kind or nature, whether known or unknown, vested or contingent, suspected or unsuspected and waiving your right to sue us except in the case of gross negligence on the part of Taxi Mom. If there is a dispute between us, you agree that the venue and forum for the resolution of the dispute will be in the appropriate court in Collin County Texas.
9. ELECTRONIC DEVICES AND OTHER PERSONAL EFFECTS: Taxi Mom® is not responsible for lost or stolen devices or other personal effects left in the vehicle. Please notify us immediately if your student has left his/her item in the vehicle and we will use our best efforts to find and return the item the following day. Use of phones are permitted but headsets are required. Video is NOT permitted.
10. MORNING PICK UP: When the student is picked up in the morning hours, we will have our staff use their best efforts to oversee that the student locks the door on their way out of the house and we ensure a safe and timely arrival to school. Our drivers will wait approximately 2 minutes for your student, if your student is not ready, our driver will leave to finish their route. We will come back around to pick your student up after our routes are completed and an additional fee of $20 will be added to your account. It is important that your student be ready in order to get to school on time. If for any reason your student cannot ride on any particular morning, please call or text us one hour before your pick up time.
11. AFTERNOON PICK UP: Our drivers work with each school for the location of pick up. All riders will be waiting together to get on the vehicle. Elementary schools are normally picked up in the daycare line. It is the parent’s responsibility to notify their school that their student will be riding Taxi Mom®. Junior High and High School students need to be ready in the front of the school or designated meeting area for all Taxi Mom riders based on the driver’s preference. We will determine a location during the first week. We will wait 10 minutes after the first bell. Some locations will only wait 5 minutes, please inquire with your registered location to see if your school is affected. If your student is not ready, we will leave to finish our route. Additional fees will be charged to your account if we have to come back around. Fee’s will vary depending on the circumstances.
12. TUTORING: Taxi Mom® is a subscription based service going to/from school during regular start/release times and tutoring may not always be available. Please check with your local Taxi Mom.
13. DAMAGE TO SHUTTLE & INJURIES TO OTHER RIDERS OR PROPERTY: The Parent/Guardian is responsible for any damage to the Shuttle or injuries to other riders or other third parties caused by his or her Student or any baggage, parcels, or other property brought on board or transported on the Shuttle by his or her Student. The Parent/Guardian shall indemnify and hold harmless Taxi Mom® and its affiliates, owners, officers, directors, employees and/or agents from any and all claims, suits, actions, damages, and/or causes of action for injuries or property damage that was caused by his or her Student or any baggage, parcels, or other property brought on board or transported on the Shuttle by the Student, and from and against all costs, counsel fees, expenses and liabilities incurred in and about the defense of any such claim and the investigation thereof. The cost of repairs and related expenses resulting from acts of your student shall be assessed and billed to the Parent/Guardian and are payable immediately upon billing. This shall include a clean up fee for riders that get sick and urinate during transport.
14. DRIVER RESPONSIBILITIES: All of our drivers are trained and understand their responsibilities. To minimize the risk from unexpected dog attacks, we’ve instructed our drivers not to exit the vans. From time to time, a student may have trouble unlocking their door and our drivers will get out to assist them. In the event this shall arise, we ask that if you have a dog, please secure your animal while our driver is assisting your student for any reason. There are also times that your student may oversleep during the morning pick up and we’ve been asked to enter the home to wake the child up. Taxi Mom® will NOT permit our employees to enter your home for any reason.
15. HOURS OF OPERATION: Taxi Mom® runs Monday through Friday, August through June, between the hours of 6:00 am to 5:00 pm. We will be closed at least for the following holidays: School Holidays, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Break, Christmas Break, New Year's Day, and Memorial Day. Contact Taxi Mom for exact dates of holidays and any additional closings.
16. TERMINATION OF SERVICES: (2 Week Notice for Weekly & Bi-weekly Payers) You can terminate this agreement at any time once we receive a two- week notice. If you do not give us the two week notice; a $25.00 termination fee will be payable in addition to the balance of your account, including one (1) full week of tuition (example: If you pay $35.00 per week and do not give us a notice, your payment will consist of $35.00 plus $25.00 to clear your account).
Commitment service: (4 week Notice) A 30-day written notice for commitment service termination. In the event of a termination without prior notice, a nominal termination fee of $250 will be charged.
17. VIDEO/PHOTO RELEASE: I hereby GIVE my permission for images of my student captured during home/school transportation through video, photo and digital camera, to be used solely for the purposes of Taxi Mom promotional material and publications, and waive any rights of compensation or ownership thereto. _______
I hereby DO NOT give my permission for any images of my student. _______
By clicking Yes on the policy, you acknowledge and agree to our terms. Be sure to review item #17 and email us with your decision to your local Taxi Mom provider, otherwise, we will reach out to you.
Parent Signature & Date:
By: w/Taxi Mom®